Party with a Purpose
In April 1990, after nearly three years of planning and joined by 18 community minded non-profit organizations, the first event was held in February, 1993. The mission envisioned by the founders was simple and straightforward:
- Benefit the member non-profit groups that provide services to Southeast Texas.
- Stage a family-oriented affair that Southeast Texas would be proud of.
- Promote interaction among diverse ethnic groups while promoting racial harmony. To serve as an economic development project for Southeast Texas.
Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas, Inc. received its non-profit Charter from the State of Texas on February 18, 1992 and the non-profit status was confirmed by the Internal Revenue Service. MGSETX is a Non-profit 501-C4 organizaon. Funds are donated to the member organizaon each year which benefits the cizens of Southeast Texas. MGSETX is a volunteer. The Majesc Krewe of Aurora was organized simultaneously with Mardi Gras of Southeast Texas under the sponsorship of the MGSETX Board. Aurora produces an elaborate ball and grand parade, throwing thousands of trinkets to spectators. Membership is available. Each year Carnival weekend host a variety of acvies for everyone. Mardi Gras Southeast Texas prides itself on being a safe, fun, affordable event that has something for all ages – “A Family Affair”. The event is staffed by volunteers, sponsors, member organizaon and offers many atracons which include State Fair Carnival Rides, Kid Zone (free to kids), Street Entertainment, Concerts, Parades and much more. Food & Arts and Cras vendors offering a litle bit of everything. Get involved!
Director & Member organizations 501-C-3
- American Italian Club
- Christus Hosptial Foundation
- Knights of Peter Claver #182
- Port ARthur Chaber of Commerce
- Port Arthur Noon Sertoma
- Golden Triangle CCCS
- Regional State Advisory Board
- Sacred Heart Catholic Church
- St. Catherine Catholic Church
- St. Catherine Home & School Assn.
- St. James Catholic Church
- St. Joseph Catholic Church